Saturday, September 10, 2011

PS5 fashion illustration tutorial 1/2: rendering the skin with PS5



Hello! this is a PS5 tutorial where I do explain how to color the skin of your croquis in a few easy steps.

This is obviously one of the thousands ways to do it and I did pick this particular method because, even being less accurate, it's surely the quickest one and saves you precious time for fabric rendering, which is a more long and complicated process, as you'll see in my next demo that will complete the illustration.


recap:


open your file in PS5
image-adjustments-levels-play around until satisfied-click ok


create a new layer
name it skin
set it as multiply
pick a skin color
fill the space
adjust mistakes with eraser


burn and dodge to add shadows/highlights


create a new layer
name it make up
set it as multiply
color cheeks, lips, eyes ecc


create a new layer
name it hair
set it as multiply
color the hair


to change colors:
select the layer you want to work on (skin/hair ecc)
image-adjustments-hue/saturation-play around with the hue- click ok when done




enjoy and see you soon for the next part! (it will be just a demo though, I realized it would have taken ages for me to do it as a tutorial! I'll probably show individually each technique as soon as I can:)

No comments:

Post a Comment