Saturday, June 25, 2011

click and like! 



After the Supermodels era, now we have the Superbloggers era.
If you go looking for an indipendent fashion report on the internet, most of the time all you're going to find are pictures of people proudly sitting in the front rows wearing the spoof version of an outfit anna wintour would wear in a parallel dimention on an LSD trip gone wrong. 
A very few uninteresting words are usually spent on the fashion event itself.

I think that the designers' work is an amazing expression of pure beauty, art, committment and passion. It needs great respect. This means: when you report, stay aside and talk about nothing else but the work you see, or it would be like dressing in white at a wedding where you're not the bride.

It's difficult to -report- about fashion, it requires culture, insight, technical knowledge, sensitivity, a way with words.
To just have -opinions- is easy: i love it, I hate it, that's why most of the people end up loving or not, more than reporting.

In NY I would try to do my best to let people have their OWN opinions, producing photograps, photoshop moodboards, written articles, sketches, interviews.
My perspective would come from my experience as a stylist (technical background), fashion design teacher (the young future designers work daily tells me where fashion is going), cool hunter (new things pop out to me like capital letters in a text) consultant (I’m in touch with the market).
Why don't you… try;)?


This is what I wrote to enter this Nokia+Elle contest where 8 finalists will fly to NY to be Elle correspondent by using the last supercool nokia phone! 
...this really sounds fun!!!
I think I could really gather ideas for one million of uber-interesting posts!

please support my dream! it just takes a LIKE on this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment